Tuesday, 21 July 2015

Urban Decay Moondust Eyeshadow Review & Swatches. {Solstice & Cosmic}

While browsing the Urban Decay counter a few weeks ago I spotted the most beautiful, 
shimmery eye shadows and I knew I had to have at least one; so when pay day came around
 I put in an order online for the shades 'Solstice' & 'Cosmic' - my faves from my 
swatching session in store.
True to all the other Urban Decay shadows, these certainly don't lack pigment (or shimmer 
for that matter)  this line of shadows is incredibly high shine/shimmery.
The packaging is a little bulky but it's very sturdy and clicks shut. (it's also gorgeous)
 I picked up 'Solstice' as I thought it might be similar to Mac's 'blue brown pigment'
It looks similar in the pan but I found it was a lot more purple and glittery.
It's a stunning colour either way and a dab on the ball of your eyelid combined with
a smokey eye would be perfection - it gives a real 'oil spill' effect.
 The next shade I purchased is 'Cosmic' ; a stunning pearly white packed with glitter;
It appears very opaque when swatched but you have two ways you can use this;
a thin wash across the lids that leaves you with a subtle but incredible sparkle or you 
can pack this on, over a primer for a more intense glitter look.
 With most urban decay eye shadows they look piss poor without a primer, they need
something to cling too and in the photo below you can see the difference a primer makes.
It really just intensifies the pigment and gives the wow factor that these eye shadows create.
I don't mind this point too much but what I'm not keen on is the lasting power;
Urban decay eye shadows are normally super long lasting, I've never come across a bad one
 in my ten years of using this brand BUT this range (possibly due to the high shimmer?)
only lasts a few hours before they start to fade.
It's a shame as they're beautiful but I suppose this wouldn't be an issue for most people
as they're typically more 'night time wear' eye shadows; if you're like me and like to 
coat yourself in glitter all day, every day then you might be a little disappointed with
 the lasting power.
without primer    //     with primer

Overall I really love this range of eye shadows, I could wish for longer lasting power but
in general I don't have many complaints; they're very pigmented, easily blendable and
unique!

They retail for £14 each.


Have you tried these eye shadows yet?   Which is your fave?