Pages

Search

Monday 15 September 2014

Limecrime 'citreuse' & 'blue milk' eyeliner review.

Hello!
As you can tell from the title, today's review is on the 
Lime crime liquid eyeliners.
I picked up two shades, 'citreuse' & 'blue milk'.
I'm a huge fan of these colours as I love crazy make up and there
is literally nothing like these! So if you're a crazy make up lover
then continue reading!
£9  - link

As I said, the two shades I picked up were Cireuse ; a matte neon green/yellow  
and Blue milk; a matte baby blue.
Not for the faint hearted as they are very bright and very opaque!
Let's start with the packaging, how cute is that? not only the inner packaging but also the outer packaging is on point and very much to my taste, not overly cheap looking and certainly not cheap feeling.

These eyeliners consist of a tiny tube with a twist off lid which dispenses just the right amount of product so none is wasted, which is what you want as you only get 1.3 ml.
I was quite surprised at the tiny tubes when they arrived, 
below is a photo of one of the eyeliners next to the standard (dirty) iphone for size comparisons.

The texture when applying these eyeliners is quite watery but not runny, they're actually very easy to use, they have a brush instead of a foam applicator but it is very fine at the tip and no bristles have poked out yet.
These eyeliners are VERY pigmented, they go on in one swipe and achieve full opacity, they can be built up but there isn't much need to unless you get 'cracking' which is a problem that I have had with one shade, more on that below!
Once applied these eyeliners aren't going anywhere, they last all day, I have had a full 12 hour day wearing them both and no movement at all and no extra cracking than what was originally there after application, they also don't fade once applied.
They're very true to colour, they remain the same once dry as they do when wet and the match the colour in the tube perfectly.
 
 My only problem that I have had with these liners or one in particular is 'citreuse', I get teeny tiny cracks in it once it drys and it happens every time, I'm not sure if I got an old tube or if the oils in it are separating.
I don't really see it when it's on the eye as it's very minor, especially once you apply mascara but I just added a little bit more over the crack and it seemed to even it out, that would be my only issue and my only reason to use more than one swipe.
The photo below is to show the pigment of these eyeliners, this is one swipe and no correcting on the cracks.
I think they're great for a pop of colour or even to apply and then add a super thin line of black eyeliner next to the lash line, that's how I've worn them.

Overall I'm in love with them and have used them pretty often! 
They're an odd selection of colours but there is nothing like them and they're right up my street!

Just to make it a little better when you thought it couldn't be better, they're a vegan brand and they don't test on animals! This pleases me greatly! 
I'd 100% repurchase these eyeliners, I wish they had slightly more product in for your money as I'm scared to run out and they are £9 each! I don't think 1.3ml is enough but maybe if you have a special occasion and you want to splurge then it'd be more forgiving.

I'd give them 4.5 / 5
I knocked off a little due to the minor cracking of the product but it could just be mine and the 
amount of product you get, if those were adjusted a little then I would give it 5/5.
I can't seem to find the orange shade anywhere but I'm after that one next!

They last ages, they're unique and you can't say they're not 'eye catching' ...
okay I'm not funny but it had to be said!

Have you tried these eyeliners?

what are your thoughts?


*All products purchased myself, I am in no way affiliated with any companies nor do they know they're mentioned - I just have no self control when shopping*

 Thanks for reading!

 
Follow my links:

No comments:

Post a Comment