Pages

Search

Friday 4 July 2014

Fragrance(s) On Friday. #16 The body shop body mist's Review.

Hello! 
Welcome back for fragrance on Friday week sixteen!
today's review is on two 'fragrances', technically body mists but I wear these 
alone as a perfume type product not just as a mist.



They cost £7.50 and can be purchased Here & Here.
(currently out of stock as there was an offer on!)

Previous Fragrance on Friday's

Now I purchased these a while ago, I got the mango one and loved it so I knew
I had to have the strawberry one!
These are light weight, fresh smelling body mists that you
basically spritz all over for a fruity scent
(and they have so many scents..I'm eyeing up the peach one currently)
I like to wear these as a fragrance so I just smell fresh and fruity instead
of layering it with perfumes and it being too overpowering,
besides I like smelling like a strawberry or mango.

strawberry body mist is described as:
"Our Strawberry takes on a fresh new form. Spray this light scented body mist all over your body for a gentle burst of sweet fruitiness. It’s irresistible."

mango body mist is described as:
"Our Mango takes on a fresh new form. Spray this light scented body mist all over your body for a gentle burst of exotic fruitiness. It’s irresistible."

oh how descriptive!

The mango spray literally smells like really sweet fresh mango, it has a
sort of alcohol like smell when you first spray it but once it settles a minute later
you can't smell that anymore.
As for the strawberry spray, it smells a little more like artificial strawberry
than the actual thing despite it containing strawberry extract, it is however
still really nice, just not as fruity.
this spray also has the alcohol scent when first sprayed.
The packaging on these fragrances is really nice, they are large glass bottles
which you wouldn't expect for £7.50 and a body spray!
they're clear so you can see how much you have used and they have a little spray
top which I have had no problems with.

The lasting power of these fragrances isn't the best, I can get a few hours
before needing a top up, but at the end of the day they are body MISTS
not perfumes so I don't expect lasting power.
You get 100ml of product and they last forever so it's not like topping up this scent is 
a problem, although the big glass bottle isn't the most handbag friendly.

They do however have actual perfumes in the same scents and that is how 
I justified this review aha.
they can be found here & here.
They are 30ml, stronger in scent and only £1 different in price, 
if that tickles your pickle more than the mists.

Pro's
- price
- packaging
- light weight

Cons
- lasting power
- initial alcohol type smell when first sprayed

The body shop is also a nice company to buy from due to being
ethical and also they don't test on animals!
both of these mists are made with community fair trade essence from sugarcane.
I love products that you not only get to go shopping but you
also know you're doing some good while buying them!

I think these are great for summer, light, fresh and fruity-
 exactly what I want from a scent in the summer months!


I'd rate these fragrances  4 / 5   
<3

Disclaimer
*All products purchased myself, I am in no way affiliated with any companies nor do they know they're mentioned*


 Thanks for reading!
Have you tried these fragrances? what are your thoughts?



Follow my links:


No comments:

Post a Comment