Pages

Search

Friday 20 June 2014

Fragrance on Friday. # 14 Lush Vanillary Review.

Hello! 
Welcome back for fragrance on Friday week fourteen!
today's review is on Lush's 'Vanillary' fragrance.
Buy Here for £6.50


Previous Fragrance on Friday's
This is probably the most affordable fragrance that I'm reviewing
at a tiny price tag of £6.50!
It's also one of the strangest as it's in a solid form!
This fragrance can be purchased in a spray bottle or a tiny handbag size spritzer also,
But I personally liked the smell of the solid version a little better than
the spray version, it smelt more pure and well, vanillary. (excuse the pun) 
It's described as:
" A sweet, yet sophisticated vanilla fragrance. We blended Fair Trade vanilla absolute with tonka and added a hint of jasmine for a reassuring, powdered caramel perfume. Vanillary settles on the skin for a long lasting warmth that is difficult to resist."

Notes

vanilla, tonka & jasmine.

I don't smell jasmine in this fragrance but I sure do smell vanilla &
some other weird scent that I can't put my finger on,
could be the tonka or it could be plastic, either way the vanilla outweighs that scent.
This is more of a winter scent for me, I love a warm sweet vanillary scent
in the winter time when it's cold and the scent rubs off onto your jumper/cardigan,
it's just heavenly.
I can however smell a slight warm caramel / toffee scent in this,
It just screams winter, jumpers and snuggling in front of a fire to me! 

This is thick and body buttery in texture when applied but it isn't sticky,
it's bizarre, it almost feels moisturising.
I think this buttery texture is the key to it's staying power,
The lasting power on this fragrance is great,
at least for this particular type, I've never tried the spray version (only tested in the shop)
 as I preferred the stick.

It isn't overpowering when applied and the scent doesn't change from there,
It's very subtle but sticks around all day.
I personally like a dab on the neck and wrists so not only can you smell it but
if you go to grab something then others do as well..
I'm so considerate ;)
The packaging on this fragrance is small and travel friendly for your handbag but 
it does melt if it gets hot and turns to sludge which is why the above
photographs are so appealing..
I find this packaging hard to use, I pushed it up too far at one point and couldn't get
the stick of perfume to go back inside at which point it smushed everywhere again..
this can be downright messy and I really hate the packaging,
maybe a little lip balm type pot to swirl your finger in would of been better.

I like that this product is made from natural ingredients and the rest
are safe synthetics, none of which have been tested on animals nor
bought from companies that test on animals.

I love the company and their morals, I love the scent, 
perfect winter scent, I love the lasting power
but I hate the packaging.  

I'd rate this fragrance 3/ 5   
The packaging is too inexcusable in this case and is a deal
breaker for me, maybe next time I'll get the handbag sized 
spritzer instead.
<3

*All products purchased myself, I am in no way affiliated with any companies nor do they know they're mentioned*


 Thanks for reading!
Have you tried this fragrance? what are your thoughts?




Follow my links:

No comments:

Post a Comment