Pages

Search

Friday 2 May 2014

Fragrance On Friday #7 - Britney Spears Island Fantasy Review.

Hello, welcome back for week seven! :) 
If you haven't checked out my previous Fragrance On Fridays then you should!

The fragrance I'm talking about this week is 'Britney Spears - Island Fantasy'. 
You can purchase the 100 ml size HERE  for £15.45 
You can purchase the 30ml  HERE for £10.95
This fragrance is a very floral scent but also quite soapy, this is definitely more of a summer scent than a winter scent as it's very light and fresh.

It's described as:
" The scent is announced as a tropical island getaway, made of floral and fruity aromas. It opens with a cocktail of citruses, mandarin, clementine, red berries and watermelon. Flowers of jasmine, violet and freesia exceed the lower notes of musk and sugar cane. "

I can't smell berries, watermelon or sugar cane at all ..major disappointment- it's strictly floral.

Now not to be too tmi or anything but this perfume kind of smells a little bit like a scented ladies sanitary item, this being my reasoning for not really wearing this perfume, I do think it smells nice but I can never get that thought out of my head when I smell it and let's face it, no one wants to smell like a pantyliner.

Can we take a second to appreciate the incredibly beautiful glass bottle!? 
points for that.

I actually purchased mine online from boots a while back for £20+ based on a blog recommendation but I don't think they stock it any longer in boots so make sure you read up about this perfume before doing 'a Georgia' and just buying online without smelling it.

I'd recommend checking this fragrance out if you're a big fan of light floral scents and aren't too offended by the smell of soap or pantyliners....sorry!

The lasting power on this fragrance is pretty good, it stays the majority of the day but you may want to top it up just because it is a light fragrance.

I'd give this a rating of 2.5 / 5
the lasting power is decent, the packaging is beautiful but
 the actual scent lets it down for me but that's just from preference.

*All products purchased myself, I am in no way affiliated with any companies nor do they know they're mentioned*
  
Have you tried this fragrance? what are your thoughts?
Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment