Pages

Search

Wednesday 23 April 2014

Revolution makeup review. # part two of two.

Hello,
 I'm guessing you've come back to see part two hence the
title of this post but if you haven't seen part one then
check it out HERE.

yet again I must warn you that this is a photo heavy post!
*All products purchased myself, I am in no way affiliated with any companies nor do they know they're mentioned*
Today's post will be the next seven products so lets jump in...

Firstly, I picked up two of the the loose pigments, the shades I got are 'Indirect' and 'Affluent',
A pinky taupe and a bronzey gold.
I loveeeee these! I really wish I'd of picked up more of them.
They come in a small, compact tub with a sifter type thing, 
I must warn you, these are super messy in general and do cause fall out 
when applying, but look at the swatches, they are beautiful!
The pigment in these pigments...ha...is incredible, 
you don't need a lot at all and they're nice for a wash of colour.
I like to add an eyeshadow primer under any eye product and these last all day. 
pretty huh?
They were also a bargain at ONLY £1! 
I can't wait for these to hit superdrug, I'm going to buy them all!

Next, let's move onto the one blusher that I purchased..
I purchased one of the powder blushers in the shade 'Treat'
this blusher is very similar to the 'MUA' blushers in the range of shades and
the pigmentation level - sooooo pigmented.
I found this blusher didn't last very long, probably 3 hours max but blushers are always the 
first thing to go on me.
It can get a bit chalky if you heavily swatch it but I've had no problems at all once I used a
brush so as you can see it's a little chunky on my finger but this is due to the softness of the product, once you use a brush you won't get any chunks.
Be careful- build up the colour - as it can become too much, very quickly.
The packaging on this is sturdy unlike the 'mua' equivalent, but apart from this they are pretty much the same product, it's all dependant on which brand supplies the shade you want.
Both brands blushers retail for £1 

Next up is a strange product... Awesome metals foil finish eyeshadow.. 
The shades I got are 'rose gold' & 'pure platinum' - so rose gold and silver then ;)
Basically they're a somewhat dupe of the Stila magnificent metals,
from what I have seen review wise, the Stila ones have a lot more pigmentation.
These products came out more like a thick glitter and need to be built up but to be
fair it does say to build it up on the box...
These products don't 'set', they seem to stay wet and crease which is annoying, I tried mixing it with more and less of the liquid to try and get it to work but it just didn't, maybe if you set it with a glitter over top or even used a sheer amount and dab it on to add a pop of glitter over your eyeshadow? they're a bit too high maintenance for me.
As I said, the product creases on me after a few hours - if used thick (to look like foil) 
 The lasting power isn't brilliant but if you're looking for a Stila dupe then these retail for £4 and the Stila ones retail for £33.50 - you decide which price tag you want to pay.

Now for the finale...
The two eyeshadow palettes that I purchased.
The palettes I picked up are 'redemption palette matte brights' and 'redemption palette essential mattes'

So let's start with 'Essential Mattes' palette shall we?

Looks pretty huh?, I wanted a matte version of the naked palette as I'm not a fan that 'gunmetal' is shimmery so this was a steal as far as I was concerned at the bargain price of £4
This palette is 'supposed' to be highly pigmented, I don't think the quality is as good as the MUA eye shadows and nowhere near as good as urban decay, they're a little bit chalky.
The real downside to this palette is the pigmentation in the lighter colours.
 The deeper shades show up better but the first 4/5 shades are practically none existent.
As you can see (or ..not see? ) the first four shades lack pigmentation so they were disappointing but the others are pretty good, I wouldn't say the eye shadows are the must have item although a few beauty bloggers would disagree, I'd pick up MUA eye shadows over these ones.
  
The same applies for the 'matte brights
some colours were AWFUL and didn't show up, some were amazing and incredibly pigmented and some were heavily swatched and still not up to par.
I love the look of this palette and had incredibly high hopes for it, the bright light blue and acid yellow were the two that I was dying to try out.
As you can see from the above swatches the first three shades are pathetic! 
so much for a bright palette?!  
As for the bright blue that I was looking forward to... 
erm it's barely a mint green never mind a bright blue.

I'm so disappointed with this one.
As you can also see, the next four shades are pretty patchy..
not what I expect from a 'high pigmented', 'brights' palette...

All eyeshadow swatches were applied on top of a thin layer of too faced shadow insurance eyeshadow primer.

I do actually like the yellow shade so that's a plus.. one eyeshadow out of a palette that I will use.. great.
Yet again you can see the next shade doesn't even show up and then the shade on the very end is the same as others ..patchy.

BUT as for the dark green and the darker bright blue, 
Holy moly were they pigmented, they are incredible, buttery feeling, highly pigmented and just beautiful.
So if you want to pay £4 for this palette just for the few shades that are half decent then go for it but personally I'd recommend picking up the MUA 'poptastic' palette, they're the same price but the MUA equivalent is much better quality.

OR 
you can purchase any of the above products from their
website.
They also have some insane coloured lipsticks that could be possible dupes for lime crime lipsticks so maybe check them out also?

*All products purchased myself, I am in no way affiliated with any companies nor do they know they're mentioned*


 have you tried this brand yet? what are your thoughts?

Thanks for reading!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment